Friday 8 April 2016

My DonLim Breadmaker

This post is specially dedicated to my DonLim 姐妹们. You, ladies rock always! Without you all, especially Lynn, I would probably still be thinking, "Should I get a breadmaker?". I am blessed, my 小小无名 DonLim has been serving me well till now. I can't live without a breadmaker.
One day I read about the amount of preservatives used in some "commercial" bread. Since then, I started goggling  for a breadmaker, hoping to get one to make my own bread. And I remembered when my boy was young, he could not eat some "commercial" brands bread, he would react badly to it with vomitting and stomach discomfort. We brought him for a detailed wheat allergy test and the result was negative. It could be due to the ingredients/preservatives used.
I goggled, read up and was so happy to find a DonLim group in Facebook. I bought my first DonLim breadmaker at $69! My first bread (following the recipe from the manual) didn't turn out that soft and nice. But thanks to my DonLim friends who tried, tested and shared their recipes. After few experiments, the bread just got better and better. I have come up with my recipe (I will share in later post) of a loaf bread which I use the timer function to bake it. My kids get to eat freshly baked bread in the morning before they go to school. We hardly buy outside bread these days. Also through this DonLim group, I made many good friends who simply love to bake & cook!
I have been contemplating to get a new breadmaker, either a Panasonic or a pink Zojirushi. I can't make up my mind, till my DonLim decided to say bye bye one day..

3 comments:

  1. Do you know were I can get English use instructions for my Donlim breadmaker. everything is in Chinese? maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only way to get an English manual seems to be by sending to some web site your creedit card details, must be joking !

      Delete
  2. not able to get english manual. will need to send back. very poor customer service

    ReplyDelete